Friday, July 24, 2009

Zucchini Blueberry Bread



Tonight we had leftover steak for dinner, so I thought I would contribute with a post (this is Jen). I joined a book club and had to take a snack to the meeting--in case you were wondering the book was Three Weeks With my Brother by Nicholas Sparks which I highly recommend. In planning my snack I wanted to use some of the zucchini we are growing in the garden as well as some of the fresh blueberries my mother-in-law brought us and hence, blueberry zucchini minimuffins and mini loaves.










3 eggs


1 c. oil


3 tsp vanilla


2 1/4 c. flour


1 tsp salt


1 tsp baking powder


1/4 tsp baking soda


1 tsp cinnamon


2 c. blueberries


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together. Fold in zuchinni. Beat in reamining dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries.


Bake large loaf 50 min


Small loaves 35 min


Minimuffis 22 min.




In general these were a sucess. The mini muffins were a little odd looking, kind of lumpy on top but I think that is because Anna helped fill the cups. The babies loved the bread and I figured it was a good way to get some veggies into them. As you can see from the pictures though, blueberries can stain.










No comments:

Post a Comment