Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Valentine's Dinner



For our Valentine's dinner, Jen brainstormed food ideas that were red/white for the occasion that the girls would eat without a fight and she came up with pizza. I bought the pizza dough already made in a refridgerated canister. I cut it into the heart shape and Jen made heart breadsticks from the dough that was cut out from the heart. I made the pizza sauce from scratch and it is amazing. It is the second time that I made it, so I knew how good it was. I also tried to spell LOVE in mushrooms on the top of the pizza, and as you can see from the picture, you have to use your imagination to see it. The sauce recipe is below. Enjoy! Also, the heart cake's recipe is not included because I lost it. It came witht he heart cake mold.

Grade: A


Pizza Sauce:
In a medium saucepan combine one-8 oz can tomato sauce; one 7 1/2 oz can undrained tomatoes, cut up; 1/2 cup chopped onion; 1 Tbs dried basil, crushed; 1 tsp sugar; 1 tspdried regano, crused; 2 cloves garlic, minced; and 1/4 tsp pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or till the onion is tender.




No comments:

Post a Comment