Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Red/White/Blue rice krispy treats


I got this idea from Pinterest and decided to try it out this fourth of July. It was relatively easy.

Ingredients:
6 cups of rice krispies
3 Tbs butter
package of marshmellows
red/blue food coloring

Separate your ingredients into three equal groups. I like to microwave my marshmallows because it’s easier. I stick them in for a few minutes or until they start to get big and almost touch the top of the microwave. Take them out, stir well and add the food coloring. Then add the 2 cups of Rice Krispies and stir well. Press into well greased 9×13 or 9×9 depending on the thickness of your treats. I wanted mine more thick so I used a 9×9.
Do this for all 3 layers starting with the blue, then white and then red. Pat down all layers really well using wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment