Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Grilled butterflied Pork loin with green beans

Grilled butterflied Pork loin with green beans 



Our family traditionally shops at Walmart (it is less than a mile from our house) and I have nothing against shopping at Walmart. For the most part the food is fine and fresh enough. I still don't buy into the current Walmart marketing with the people being blown away about how fresh and good the produce/meat is. 
Anyways, I stopped at Payless Supermarket, Kroger, and it was remodeled last year and their fruit and meat department is amazing! I picked out some organic green beans for a side, but I wasn't sure what to pair it with. While I was walking past the meat department, I see the pork. The butcher was behind the counter and I have him give me three of the butterflied pork loin.
The directions for how I prepared the pork is below with the "steps" I used. The green beans were roasted in the oven and covered in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Also I put some frozen tater tots that were in the back of my freezer in the oven. 
This meal was very good. The girls enjoyed the pork, the green beans, not so much. I thought the green beans had a nice garlicy taste to them. I should have finished them on the grill to crisp them up a little.

Grade: A-

 Step One: buy three beautiful butterflied pork loins.

 Step two: Add marinade:

Ingredients in the marinade: olive oil,Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper 

 Step three: Take it off the grill.




Anna, eating away!

Sarah enjoying her chicken, pork, meat, whatever!

The goofball that is Emily.

Lucy dipping her pork in what else, mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment