Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Bread



     Well, at the start of Thanksgiving season I was sure I was going to make a lot of Pumpkin things. As it would turn out, I would only end up making two pumpkin rolls and had plenty of canned pumpkin left over in my pantry. I knew I could make pumpkin bread, but I wanted to see if there was any other breads to make with the pumpkin I had. While looking through the Taste of Home's Baking Book, I stumbled on the Pumpkin Spice Bread recipe. I had made it in the past and remembered how much not only myself, but other people enjoyed it.
     I would highly recommend making this quick bread. There are a decent amount of ingredients involved in making the bread, but it is worth it. Also, this makes enough batter for two loaves of bread, so it is well worth the time. One for our house and one for a friends.

Grade: A

Ingredients:
3 c sugar
1 c vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
3-1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 c water

1) In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves and allspice; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
2) Pour into two greased 9-in x 5-in x 3-in loaf pans Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment