Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sandies (snowballs)

This is the first "dessert" that is in the blog. I am going to try to post two desserts a week that I have made for the week. I had broken my mixer and got another one for Christmas, so I am into making desserts again. The pecan sandies were made because of lack of ingredients. I was originally going to make a different cookie that required semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I ran out the previous week when I made 5 batches of toffee. I flipped through the cookbook and decided to try the sandies. After I made them I realized that I had made the "snowballs" that my Mom makes as a part of her Christmas cookie collection. The girls liked the cookies, well at least the powder sugar :).


Grade B +


Ingredients
1 cup butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
powder sugar


1. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat till combined, scraping bowl. Beat in 1 Tbs water and vanilla till combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour and pecans.

2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 325 degree oven 20 minutes or till bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a rack; cool. Gently shake cooled cookies in a plastic bag with powdered sugar. Makes about 36 cookies.





Sarah putting her feet up and enjoying.
Emily loving the powder sugar.
Lucy cheesing it up.

Anna is Oh so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment